Cancun Cosmetic Dentistry - Review about Snap On Dentures from Brea, California

7 of 15 Cancun Cosmetic Dentistry reviews

Saved my money for years, went to cancun cosmetic dentistry for snapon dentures.Had 20+ teeth removed over a few hours with local anestesia.

Horribly PAINFUL! had implants put in and then snapped dentures in. Dentures were gigantic and looked ridiculous. After 2 weeks all but 3 implants started coming out..have now paid to have standard dentures made in California, look much better.

I basically threw 11,000 in the toilet. DONT THINK IT WONT HAPPEN TO YOU. DO NOT GET DENTAL WORK DONE HERE.

The top implants were not even screwed into my jawbone.They were just in gum tissue so they didnt stand a chance.

This review is a subjective opinion of a user.
Report Comment Private message author

Snap On Dentures
Review category
Hospitals, Clinics and Medical Centers, Doctors
review #580204 by

Author wants to be contacted by the company. Learn more

Had an experience with Cancun Cosmetic Dentistry? Submit review ›
Helpful? 22 Yes 22 2 No 2
Had the same issue 10 Yes 10
7 of 15 Cancun Cosmetic Dentistry reviews
Comment as anonymous As anonymous or Log in
OR Is it your business? Respond to your
customers as verified company representative.
Apply for a Free Plan

Sep 07 #1209469 Chester Township, New Jersey, United States

People! Please do not go out of the country for medical/dental procedures! There is no legal or other recourse you have if something goes wrong. I am constantly astonished that people are duped into believing they can guarantee great results. You are left with no avenue to recoup your money (not to mention pain and suffering) if something goes wrong. Do you even know if they are using sterile instruments/supplies? Are the nurses/assistants trained? What implants are they using? What are they made of? I realize its less money and people think they can throw in a vacation too but you get what you pay for. Please for your own health and safety think before you go.

2 0 Reply

May 04 #1153988

That is so sad. The only thing that I could call these people are sociopaths.

gbrad2506

Mar 31 #1136973

I am so sorry for your experience. I just went in February and had the snap in dental procedure with 22 teeth removed, palate lifted, infected gums...mouth was a mess. I personally could not have done such a thing without i.v. sedation. When I went in to review the wax teeth and how they fit in my mouth, they asked me if I was happy with the shade, shape etc. of my teeth and there is paperwork that you sign saying you are happy. Why didn't you complain at the time and have them make the changes then? Also they were very clear that if any of the implants failed (and implants DO fail) that they would replace that implant literally replace it in another or similar position. Sometimes the bone rejects the implant. I'm a paralegal and I researched failed implants and dental complaints here in the US and the complaints were MASSIVE. Cancun Dental guarantees their implants for five years and their paperwork is very clear. I had concerns about how my bottom jaw was healing and one implant in particular. They have called me DAILY, I've spoken with the dentist, sent pictures and followed their instructions. Sure enough I'm making vast improvements. I am going back at the end of April just to have xrays done and get my top realigned (I've healed very quickly there and the gums have shrunk as expected). The staff has been so responsive and caring and the cost was drastically less even with my flying back in April compared to the $42,000 it would have cost me in the states, I... Show more

1 6 Reply

Mar 31 #1137104

thanks for sharing your experience. If you look at the xray I posted, you can see the implants aren't even in the actual jawline. The Xray was taken by the dentist. He did not even bother to look at the Xray before sending me home. I also provided an Xray of my mouth prior to scheduling any work or booking a flight to Cancun. It is clear to every U.S. dentist that has reviewed my case that bone grafting was necessary before implants could be attempted but the dentist in Cancun did not even mention it to me. I also did extensive research prior to my dental work. I am not a dentist or a dental expert . I realized that implants could fail but ALL of them a week later? They failed because they were never inserted into my bone. Sure they are guaranteed but after finding out that the work I had done at Cancun Costmetic Dentistry was negligent and improper by 2 U.S. dental implant experts, I couldn't see spending more money to travel to Cancun, to HOPE they would do it right the second time.

5 0 Reply
gbrad2506

Mar 31 #1137437

I completely understand!!!

Mar 25, 2015 #963281

Same exact situation down to the severe pain, even extended our stay because they could not get denture to "snap" in what a joke, I use the term loosely but dr. does not describe any of these people, very incompetent. Used extreme excessive force to force denture in place and broke the headrest, I heard a loud crack asked him what was that crack, he said he didnt know I said it sounded as if you cracked the denture, but day later implats failed.I can not stress enough DO NOT GO TO CANCUN DENTAL.

14 0 Reply

Mar 25, 2015 #963380 Brea, California, United States

I am so sorry this happened to you too. The website is very misleading. I failed to mention in my original posting about how much trouble they had trying to snap the dentures in the first time. Since my implants were placed crooked, the dentist (I use this term loosely) came up with an order of how to snap them in, front first, then left side, then right side. There is no way a patient would know how crazy that sounds unless they had some knowledge of implant dentistry. I understand your frustration unfortunately.

9 1 Reply

Mar 31 #1137445

It's funny the way you describe the crooked implants and the strange method to snap them in....I had the same EXACT experience. Doesn't seem right does it?

JP

Mar 25, 2015 #963497 Calgary, Alberta, Canada

Heavy handed dentist. Ruined my teeth in that place, and cost me triple to fix the mess. I regret ever going there. Come to find out now they go by many names on the internet. Cancun Dentist, Cancun Cosmetic Dentistry, Cancun Top Dental, Dr. German Arzate Dental clinic, and Cancun Implants. Big big mistake. Stay away from this place of many names and stay home to get dental work done.

11 1 Reply

Jan 28 #1102247 Petal, Mississippi, United States

I totally agree! I am now trying to get a local dentist to FIX the mess in my mouth! I had 8 top and 8 bottom minis for Snap on's. Within 6 weeks the 2 upper back left minis came out, now the one next in line is loose. The upper denture broke in half at 10 months, cost 200.00 to get it repaired now it has a crack on the other side. Have met with 3 different dentist, 2 said they could not help. Met with one 2 days ago who says he will try to figure out what to do to get me another top denture made. I believe the problem was that there was not enough upper bone on the left side to hold the implants as I had no teeth on the upper and had been wearing a full denture for 5 years. I have had no problem with the lower denture where 6 teeth were extracted. If I had it to do over, there is no way I would have gone to German Arzate !! All 3 dentist I've met with say the denture its self is made of inferior material with cheap teeth. I'm just praying this new dentist can help resolve this nightmare!

Victim of Mexican dentist Joaq

Mar 21, 2015 #961703 Paris, Ile-De-France, France

Ihad a similar experience with dr Joaquin berron. He used myolddenture to make atemorrry one and charged me$1000. Did four implants and two are completely useless; had to have the covered over. Bar and dentures were useless. After tow implants were covered over. LlHe lied about taking an x-Ray to cover up his incompetence. Stay out. Of Mexico for dental work,m; dentists are crooks and incompentent. Universities teaching dentists do not seem to be very good according to complaints. Cost me over 20000 dollars and ended up having to go to AmercNu dentist to repair damage Joaquin Berron did.

8 4 Reply
JP

Mar 25, 2015 #963498 Calgary, Alberta, Canada

Probably related to the same group of people that did our dismal dental work. Sorry you learned as we did, that it just wasn't worth the risk.

4 0 Reply
Jackie Tailor

Jan 20, 2015 #933866 California, United States

Terrible outcome. This clinic has many complaints! Hope they refund the money you spent but I doubt it. Thanks for leaving a review so that others will avoid that clinic. Staying in the states seems to be the best option when it comes to large amounts of dental work. Most ethical dentists would never do so much work in such short of a time period. Mexico needs to regulate these tourism clinics.

11 0 Reply
Duhhh

Jan 15, 2015 #931660

Are you at all surprised by this!?!?!? Let's step back... 1. You went to Cancun for your dentistry. 2. You had your teeth pulled and had implants put in on the same day. 3. You went to Cancun for your dentistry!!!

13 10 Reply
Seasoned Dentist

Jan 10, 2015 #929024 Topeka, Kansas, United States

I have done implants for many years, and it is ridiculous to use this many mini-implants and put them all in crookedly. It would have been better to have two conventional implants in each arch that a jumble of these poorly-placed mini-implants.
And you have no recourse, since the treatment was done in Mexico!
You really saved a lot of money via dental tourism, didn't you? Unfortunately, I see these results quite a lot on patients who had dental treatment offshore.

15 4 Reply
Mark ADA

Jan 29, 2015 #938514 Chicago, Illinois, United States

The clinic she went to seems to be advertising its self as a "top of the line implant dentistry clinic". That is highly questionable after looking at the ex-rays.

17 1 Reply
greg

Oct 27, 2015 #1054588 Dallas, Texas, United States

agree mostly but wondering what possible good outcome can you expect from two implants placed in an upper jaw?

Seasoned Dentist

Aug 30 #1205938 Topeka, Kansas, United States

A reasonable outcome, Greg, and one that cost A WHOLE LOT LESS IN THE USA, USES NAME BRAND IMPLANTS, AND ENTAILS NO TRAVEL EXPENSE!
And I get about 4 years use out of the attachments I use on the implants. And conventional implants do not have the high failure rate that mini-implants do!

0 0 Reply
Great comment! Would you like to convert it into review?

You will be able to edit the text before publishing.