I went to the clinic to have SIX old veneers changed because over time they had discolored, nothing was wrong with my teeth otherwise. Dr. Arzate advised to do eight teeth for aesthetic reasons and I agreed. The drilling started and my nightmare began. Instead of veneers I was prepped for TEN crowns with devastating results. The emergency trip home began so I could get to a Canadian dentist as soon as possible. His negligence caused me to be treated for severe gum infection, plastic particles left embedded inside the upper gums that had to be surgically removed. All teeth were drilled over the natural margins, leaving gaps between the hideous large crowns and gum line. I had to have several root canals performed because he drilled to deeply through healthy teeth enamel while prepping for crowns I never asked for. Also needed gum replacement surgery. Two of my upper back teeth were so savagely drilled into that they became loose/mobile and the only option for them is implants.
All teeth had to have crown lengthening surgeries done on them to prepare for the new set of crowns that were better fitting, natural color, and of far Superior quality than the ones he hastily chose after he had to cancel my veneers from the lab that the office manger (Camillia Arzate) ordered. All of these corrective surgeries that were done to salvage what was left wich took over a year to complete and I am still not done. So far it has cost me over thirty thousand dollars and by the time I'm finished it will be approximately forty thousand.
No refund ever came or apology, only dreadful letters trying to bully me into not telling my story to the public. I have included several photos with my review so readers will have an idea of what a naive dental trip has put me through. I know the clinic has paid monies to have some reviews removed, as it has been reported by others as well. Ironic isn't it, that he has money to spend on that but doesn't seem to care enough to contact patients to offer financial assistance or even return original monies paid to the clinic for services not rendered. Very sad indeed! And defiantly in contrast to his public persona presented in their internet marketing.
I did read some comments that the clinic has stated they were never on national news in Canada but I am here to tell you otherwise. Dr.Arzate was profiled on Global National News Network In Canada. It was a three part segment about the pitfalls of dental tourism. Myself among others were filmed during this news broadcast regarding our experience with Cancun Cosmetic Dentistry formally known as Dental Maya. To this end, I hope my experience will serve the public in a positive way and send a message that if you are contemplating a dental tourism vacation that you should do as much research as possible and protect yourself as best you can. I had this experience with ONE clinic and I am not implying that there are not good dentists in Mexico because I am not narrow minded or believe that. I just chose a bad one and did not do enough research or even think about not having any recourse if things went wrong. Which they inevitably did.
To the owners of Cancun Cosmetic Dentistry, at any time you would like to refund my money and apologize to me, you can notify me and I will post the outcome to the public so they will know if my case has been resolved or not.
More Review Details
|Diversity of Products or Services|
|Product or Service Quality|
- Reason of review:
- Horrible Dentistry
- Preferred solution:
- Refund all the money paid already to the clinic and doctor. Cover the cost of the corrective surgeries I have had to do. Thank you!
- Monetary loss:
- Product or service
- Maxillofacial Surgery
- Review category
- Hospitals, Clinics and Medical Centers, Doctors
Author wants to be contacted by the company. Learn more ›
You May Also Like
- "Well I want to say after all the bad reviews I read here and there I was hesitant to go there but I did anyways. I had a temp top..."
- "I was a paying ibogaine treatment patient under the care of Clare Wilkins, Sandi Hartman, and James Forristal, none of these people have licenses to practice medicine, Ms Wilkins did..."
- "I went to this business to get all upper teeth removed and a denture. The 1st day I had an x ray done, visited with John Hargett, dentist. ..."
- "Went to ocean dental cancun spent 15000.00 not pocket change went home and 3 wks later teeth shattered and crumbled after leaving several messages over 2 wks for Benny and..."
- " Has anyone been successful on canceling their membership with Travel Smart VIP? On June 22, 2015, I enrolled in the Bronze 100 Prime Membership contract # 10758 @..."
- "My boyfriend and I were coming back from Mexico and the plan was for us to leave Mexico in the afternoon, have a layover in Atlanta and then come home..."
- "DIGREGORIO & MENICI is business registered with the Office of the City Clerk of Boston. The file number is 14001751. The address is 152 Salem Street #3, Boston, MA 02113...."
- "I CAN NOT MAKE THESE PEOPLE UNDERSTAND THAT WHAT I RECEIVED WAS NOT WHAT I ORDERED. THEY JUST KEEP TELLING ME THAT ACCORDING TO THE RECEIPT THAT MY ORDER WAS..."
- "We have two pieces of 30" Samsonite spinner luggage in the fall of 2010. This luggage has been fantastic. I could not tell you how many trips they have been..."